Thursday 14 October 2010

MY DAUGHTER'S FIRST BIRTHDAY

October, 11 is the day that my little sunshine was born. I still remember the day I went to do my regular monitor check at the hospital and it turned out, that my blood pressure was high, and I had to stay at the hospital the same day. It was Friday, 9 October and the weather was still nice, hot for that months. They had to induce the birth cause the doctor was afraid that the high blood pressure would affect the baby. The do me lots of checks and it resulted that the pressure stabilized and they starting giving me hormones so that the neck of the uterus would mature quickly and that would provoke contractions.
The process was so long to me, it started on Friday afternoon and on Saturday I still didn't have contractions strong enough to give birth. On Sunday morning the doctor decided that it would be the d-day because on Saturday I was too tired to go through all the process. And on Sunday morning, when I slept well, they started in the morning by giving me hormones to start contractions. I wasn't sure about the epidural, but as the contractions went stronger, I decided it would be for the best. And after the epidural, the little one started to knock very quickly so I started to push and at 5.40 p.m she was born.

My daughter right after birth


She was so tiny. My husband was present at the moment of her birth and we both got eyes wet for the great happiness to finally see her. What a day, full of the great emotions possible. It is really a magical event, to see your little baby and to take her into your arms after nine months. It was fantastic to hold her and to see her little body. The emotions that one feels at the moment of birth are indescribable, it is a moment between you, your baby and your beloved husband.
I remember each minute of it. Well, it isn't so far that moment, but still, it is a moment that mother and father remember forever.
From that day it is now one year already and our little miss is a big baby girl.

She is such a lovely kid now, very very stubborn, but very lovely. She has her own character and I can tell she will be a very brave person when grown up. The desire of the parents is that their kids will be nice human beings and will be happy. Their health and happiness are the first.
But it is not easy to be a parent, not at all. Our little miss is a very demanding little person, very curious about everything. But kids are all curious about life, about their surrounding, they are still learning about the world they were born in. Me and my husband are trying to do the best so she will grow up in a healthy and happy person.



No comments: