Wednesday 29 September 2010

CHINESE PAINTING AND PAINTING ON SILK

When I was studying in the University I was walking every day to the Faculty where I studied Italian, and I was passing by a book shop, where I saw a book on Chinese painting. I passed the book shop by so many times that each time I promised myself that when I had the money I would buy the book. So I did. I bought the book and started to paint.
I painted a lot and I gave many of my paintings to my friends for their birthdays as a present.
Here goes some examples of my paintings.

The inspiration for this painting were the flowers
from my mother's garden. Flowers are my favourite.



The inspiration of this painting were the Slovenian Alps.


This painting was inspired by the tiger on the doors
of the Castle
in Prague. If I am not wrong the tiger is of
the Slovene architect
Plečnik who did various buildings
and other objects in Prague.


The paintings above are just some of the many I did. This hobby is at the moment on a standby because I am occupied with my translation jobs and with my little daughter, so it really doesn't remain much time for the art.
Besides my Chinese paintings, which technique I will explain on other occasion, I started to paint on silk, when a friend of mine who was always my neighbour in my village and also in the student house, gave me as a present, when I finished my University studies, a box for painting on silk. I never imagined than that I would like so much paint on silk. It is a wonderful hobby. You can make wonderful paintings, and not only paintings, you can paint also cloths and other things to decorate your house. What to paint? Well, there are plenty of things one can use as the inspiration. Mine is the nature. In my opinion, the nature is the best artist, just think of the wonderful things that surround us.
Here are some of my paintings on silk:

I don't need to mention that I was inspired by the sea.
I love the sea and I think it is so relaxing.
This painting
makes me feel just at the seaside.
I used the window of a room where I stayed
as a frame to put on the silk and paint.


A dragon, one of my favourite subjects to paint.


And again flowers, the best subject to paint and to decorate a room.

I like to paint on silk for a simple reason that silk gave a special glow to the painting. Besides, throwing salt on the silk, but after you put the colour on the silk, makes fascinating effects, just as the one on the painting with the dragon. It is fascinating, what pieces of art can one do with just some salt. Besides, painting is the best hobby in my opinion, it is so relaxing, and one expresses oneself. Really wonderful. I hope my daughter will love painting just as much as me.

1 comment:

MA-MI said...

Tudi jaz imam en tvoj šal. Krasen je! Še vedno ga nosim!