Tuesday 16 June 2009

The surprising news and the first ultrasound of the baby

It was in February this year when me and my husband were still in Peru, when we received the news that we did not expect at all. I thought I has some kind of inflammation of the urinary system and the menses did not appear. I never even thought it would be something else than the inflammation, as I had no symptoms of pregnancy. So after wondering what can be, we finally decided that is time to visit the doctor. I explained the doctors my symptoms and the fact that I have a delay in the menses. He just ask about the delay and first thing he sent me to do the blood test.
We have to wait one hour to collect the results of the blood test to see what it is. After one hour we got the results and took it to the doctor. He examined the results and said:"There is no doubt miss, you are pregnant. As you can see you are six week pregnant."
Woooooowww I thought, PREGNANT. Uhhhh, I didn't expect that, and my husband neither, so we just look at each other and said: Pregnant? Well and now what.
The doctor recommended us some examinations and of course the ultrasound to see how the baby is doing. As first time parents we had no idea what to do first, exams or ultrasound, and where to live with the baby.
I did the transvaginal ultrasound on the 16th March, when we see for the first time our little baby. Here is the first pic of our baby.
This small and fat little person above is our baby. here we can see his big head and big belly and small feet. Hehheehe, yes, it seems that it will be fat our little baby. Fortunately all was well and that ultrasound, we heard for the first time the beat of her heart. It was really a crazy experience to hear this strong heartbeat 150 times per minute. And she was 33 mm long or high. High, long, well, so to speak, 33 mm is very very small.
And the expected date of her birth is 10 ocbtober. But this is just an aproximate date they gave you according to the measurements.
But before I did the first exam to see what I had, just some days before that day, I dreamt my grandfather who I never saw in my life, because he deceased some months before my birth. I only know him from the photos my mum and my grandmother showed me. He was my mum's father, and was from Italy, from Avellino.
To return back to my incredible dream. I met him in the capital of my country, in Ljubljana, he was well dressed and was wearing a hat. He seemed seren and pleased. He invited me to to eat sweets. I asked him about his family about the Nazzaro and he wrote me a brief story of the family, but the only thing I could read was prison, 3 year and a name, Enzo. Before he left, he said to me: And don't forget to visit the doctor.
And so I did and received the incredible news. The interesting thing is that our baby will be born, according to the ultrasound, in the same month that my grandfather was born and also died.

No comments: